MIKE BOOTH'S TESTIMONY
Mike Booth was saved as a young Marine in 1997. After receiving a gospel tract about the plan of salvation through Jesus Christ, Mike was in a car accident where he realized that he was a sinner in need of salvation. He called a family member on the phone that he knew was a Christian who lead him to the Lord Jesus Christ.
JENNIFER BOOTH'S TESTIMONY
Jennifer Booth was born again in 2000. During a service in which the teens gave their testimonies about what God had spoken to them during their trip to the Wilds, Jennifer was convicted of her sin and knew she was not right with God. Myra Eisenhardt took Jennifer into a prayer room where Jennifer asked God to forgive and help her.
Mike and Jennifer were asked to be the Directors of Truth and Training in 2012.
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
FUN FACT ABOUT MIKE AND JENNIFER:
• Mike and Jennifer actually met at Emmanuel Baptist Church when Mike became a member in 2004 and they were later married in 2005; they have been working together in children’s ministries ever since
Mike and Jennifer Booth
Truth & Training Directors
TRUTH AND TRAINING
…Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Truth and Training is the Bible club for 3rd – 6th grade boys and girls where they will play games, learn about the Lord Jesus Christ through the word of God, and most importantly, be given an opportunity to receive the Lord Jesus Christ if they are lost and on their way to hell.
John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Truth and training is divided up into 3 sections which run approximately 35 minutes each:
AWANA IS FUN!
- During Game time the kids will learn how to play games with and against each other in a fun way.
- The kids will play different games each week which will be exciting and challenging
- They will have plenty of time to be very “active” and “get out all of their energy in a fun way"
AWANA IS CENTERED ON THE GOSPEL!
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
1 Corinthians 9:16
LARGE GROUP TIME
- Large group time is a time when all of the children will come together in one room and sit under the sound teaching of the word of God. A different leader each week will present a lesson from the Bible
- There will be an invitation given during this time if any of the children would like to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15
SMALL GROUP TIME
- Small group time is when the boys and girls are separated from each other and each group is broken down into two groups: 3rd – 4th graders and 5th – 6th graders
- During this time the children will have an opportunity to memorize verses and learn about certain principles of the Bible
Pro 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.